Monday, October 25, 2010

Part two: Awesome things about Pittsburgh, PA

As I mentioned in the previous post (see below), I was in Pittsburgh on the weekend. Here are a few things that made my trip enjoyable:
1) Compliments: Apparently, the people in Pittsburgh like my style. I had numerous people tell me that they liked my glasses/ scarf. It made me feel cool.
The aforementioned scarf.

2) The Phantom of the Attic: A very cool comic book store that my brother discovered where I found my boyfriend a super awesome Scott Pilgrim t-shirt (which I plan on stealing plenty of times).
Aforementioned super awesome t-shirt.

3) Cracker Barrel: Chicken fried chicken = SO DELICIOUS.
My meal - the corn + sweet baby carrots + mashed potatoes

4) Good shopping: I got a whole bunch of stuff that I generally can't find in Canada, and for the most part it's a bit cheaper. Some American stores I enjoy: Delia's, Bath & Body Works, Forever 21, PacSun, etc. There are lots of good deals (e.g. I got a Ralph Lauren polo shirt for $40!). I bought cool t-shirts, a scarf, hand cream, candles, and did I mention a Ralph Lauren shirt?!
Similar to mine, different colour.

5) Scenery: There are a lot of really nice old buildings, beautiful wild life, and a pretty skyline. If I could have stayed longer, I'm sure I would have came to love and discover so much more of the city. Hopefully I can visit again soon!
I think I'm just a sucker for rivers and night shots. 

SONG OF THE DAY: Maps by Yeah Yeah Yeahs

No comments:

Post a Comment